Integrated Course - Nutrition and diet
Corso Integrato - Nutrizione e alimentazione
Academic year 2016/2017
- Course ID
- Prof. Simona BO (Coordinator)
- 1st year
- Course disciplinary sector (SSD)
- MED/09 - medicina interna
MED/13 - endocrinologia
MED/49 - scienze tecniche dietetiche applicate
- Formal authority
- Type of examination
- Written and oral (optional)
Sommario del corso
The knowledge of:
- the diseases and conditions related to malnutrition (both excessive and defective)
- body composition and anthropometry
- the energy balance and its measurement techniques
- food allergies
- nutrition and sports
Results of learning outcomes
Knowledge of: body composition; nutritional and energy requirements for the adult, the child, the pregnant women, the elderly and during sports; food allergy.
The course will be delivered during the first semester with lectures and exercises.
Learning assessment methods
The knowledge learned will be assessed through the writing of a brief paper on a topic assigned during the course and the oral exposure of the same through slides.
The lessons related to the topics described above will be combined with practice to improve learning.
Suggested readings and bibliography
Slides and material provided in class.